Date: March 6, 2014
Where: Provo MTC
Companion: Urling Shimai
Hi everyone! They are letting me send a quick email to let you know that I am doing great 🙂 My normal Pday will be on thursdays. My companion is Urling shimai. She is from Idaho Falls! Its nice to have someone with me from Idaho. One of the choro’s in our district is from Boise. The other three Choro’s are from Brazil. Everyone here is really nice and I am having a great time. In my class my teacher has yet to say anything in English. Its okay though because we are learning quickly and I am understanding more and more even though this is my second day. We will be studying our languages for 5 hours each day and also learning how to teach and then teaching in Japanese. All of our lessons are taught in japanese. Tommorow, friday, Urling shimai and I get to teach our first lesson in nihongo to an “investigator.” We have been memorizing a lot of japanese.
Aishitemasu! (I love you)
ps. mommy you should send me an idaho flag to put up in our classroom, we have a japanese and a brazilian one so far and three from our district are from Idaho.
March 5th, 2014. Aubree Ouside the MTC.
Categories: Discussions, Latter-Day Saints, Learning Japanese, Mission Training Center, Nagoya Japan, Preparation Day, Teaching
Tags: Aubree, latter-day saints, march, Nagoya Japan, p-day
Back in late October Aubree created a Facebook Group where friends and family members could post where they thought she’d be going on her mission. A few people said Japan, and almost everyone guessed that she would be going overseas.
- November 1st: She found out from the Bishop that she was assigned a mission.
- November 7th: The mission call came. It had been sent to our parent’s home so that Aubree wouldn’t be tempted to open it without her family present. Our family drove from Boise to Rexburg and she opened the call… she found out she would be serving in the Nagoya, Japan mission.
- December 1st: Aubree received her endowments in the newly renovated Boise Idaho Temple to prepare for her mission.
- February 23rd: Aubree gave her Farewell Talk in the Star, Idaho Stake. There was also an open house at our parent’s home for friends and family to help send her off.
- March 5th: We woke up at 4 am to prepare to drive her to the Boise, Idaho Airport. At the airport we saw a family dropping off their daughter who was headed out on a flight to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Mexico. We also so a family dropping off their son who was also headed to a different mission in Japan. Her Aunt Rachel picked her up at the SLC Airport and dropped her off at the MTC around 9 am.
- March 6th: We received our first email from her and found out that her Preparation Days (P-Days) are on Thursdays.
Grandma Thompson’s cousin made this doll for Aubree for Christmas. It says, “Sister Thompson” and has red hair just like her.
Aubree entering security at the Boise Airport.
Everyone who came out to support my sister at her Endowment Session.
Categories: Latter-Day Saints, Mission Training Center, Nagoya Japan, Pre-Mission, Preparation Day
Tags: Aubree, BOI, boise, christian, church, email, farewell talk, february, Japan, latter-day saints, lds, lds church, march, mission, mission call, mission speculation, mormon, Nagoya, Nagoya Japan, nihon, november, p-day, speculations, star